Committees

Do you have questions about the UKRDA? Then post here...
Diana Sprints
League Representative

Committees

Postby Diana Sprints » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am

Hi there! I'm just getting back into the swing of things on the UKRDA forum, and this is probably a very dumb question, but how do I tell if I'm a member of any committees? I feel like I must be, but I don't know for sure, and would like to get involved either way!

Sorry for the silly question...

Sprints x

Maths Destruction

Re: Committees

Postby Maths Destruction » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 am

Oxford would also like to get involved with some committee action! Stormy Waters & myself are both willing to lend a hand (our preferences are: Stormy - web, me: pr, but we're flexible) but haven't had much luck making contact with the relevant people.

chasingkaty

Postby chasingkaty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Did you state a preference for committees when you signed up? If so, you may be down on one of those.

As for the lovely gang from Oxford - I'm the head of communications, which takes in PR and web, and we would love to have more help!! Email me (katymgordon@gmail.com) and we can chat about getting you involved!!

Kx

Stormywaters

Postby Stormywaters » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Just sent you an email Katy! :)

Diana Sprints
League Representative

Postby Diana Sprints » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm afraid my signing up was a little odd and took ages to activate because of an error, so I really don't know. I don't think I did! I'm so sorry - I don't really know how to work this forum or what I should be doing as a rep, trying to figure it out... Some help and tips would be great! Is there someone I should email to ask about committee membership?

Sorry for my ineptitude!

chick dastardly

Postby chick dastardly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 am

Hi

I didn't see anything about committee requests on the registration page (of this forum I'm assuming you're talking about!).

Myself and Barbaric Acid have just joined as reps from Bristol Roller Derby, joining Wolverine Bruise as the 2nd and 3rd reps.

I'd like to get involved firstly in whichever committee would be dealing with getting charters sorted for men's derby teams, and also encouraging more men's teams/leagues to join UKRDA.

Would this be the Sanctioning group? If so I'll pop them an email from your list of emails :)

A related question is if these two parts fall in two groups is in possible to join more than one?

Is there somewhere on the forum which defines roles or ongoing work / to-do lists within the committees, and which committees are particularly looking for help at the moment (and with what)?

Only just joined and had a search around, so apologies if this is answered somewhere I didn't find!

Many thanks :)
Chick

chasingkaty

Postby chasingkaty » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:03 am

Hey Chick. Welcome aboard!!

I would say that sanctioning would be a good place if you want to be involved with charters, however, membership or communications may also be a good shout as they are in charge of enticing in the new members. :)

You can join more than one committee if you like, or the alternative would be to pick one committee and maybe act as a liaison between the relevant committees (eg, if you joined membership you could liaise with sanctioning on the men's stuff).

We don't have specific committee action lists so far, it's more about speaking to the committees and finding out what work they are doing. And all committees would appreciate an extra pair of hands I'm sure!! Keep an eye on the general discussion forum, as that's where a lot of the conversations start, as well as the Tell Your League forum so you can see if there's requests for helpers/feedback or votes.

The other thing is that we have a Facebook group to have conversations with people from men's leagues about what they would like from their UKRDA membership. It's been really quiet so far, but it would be great if someone with your enthusiasm joins and helps prod them all!! If you PM me I can add you to the group.

Cheers
Katy :)

mamight

Postby mamight » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:49 am

FYI For the Officials Committee we have monthly online meetings which I post the minutes for on the forum so everyone can see what we are discussing and working on.

chick dastardly

Postby chick dastardly » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:24 pm

chasingkaty wrote:Hey Chick. Welcome aboard!!

I would say that sanctioning would be a good place if you want to be involved with charters, however, membership or communications may also be a good shout as they are in charge of enticing in the new members. :)

You can join more than one committee if you like, or the alternative would be to pick one committee and maybe act as a liaison between the relevant committees (eg, if you joined membership you could liaise with sanctioning on the men's stuff).

We don't have specific committee action lists so far, it's more about speaking to the committees and finding out what work they are doing. And all committees would appreciate an extra pair of hands I'm sure!! Keep an eye on the general discussion forum, as that's where a lot of the conversations start, as well as the Tell Your League forum so you can see if there's requests for helpers/feedback or votes.

The other thing is that we have a Facebook group to have conversations with people from men's leagues about what they would like from their UKRDA membership. It's been really quiet so far, but it would be great if someone with your enthusiasm joins and helps prod them all!! If you PM me I can add you to the group.

Cheers
Katy :)

Thanks!

Great info and along with our BRD reps meeting (that we had on Saturday on the way to yell loudly at the A team :) ) I think we have a clear direction of what we can do to get more involved in UKRDA stuff. Ace!

I'll PM you my details.

NukaRola
League Representative

Postby NukaRola » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Wasnt there also a Mens Group set up a short while back that were going to be looking specifically towards mens leagues/teams?

Is this still a thing..?
Nuka Rola
South West Angels of Terror
HoC Membership
membership@ukrda.org.uk

Return to “Questions?”