Legal structure resources

Do you have questions about the UKRDA? Then post here...
Derby Mcgee

Legal structure resources

Postby Derby Mcgee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 pm

If we missed this at UKROC, please tell me, but regarding league structures. it becoming increasingly discussed online, the best legal structure for roller derby Leagues. Many people I have talked about this with feel lost and unsure how to proceed. As we are all going down the same path and I'm aware there are old threads on here about this. Would it be something UKRDA as a governing body have considered, helping guide leagues or provide resources on legal structures. It would appear that lots of leagues are spending valuable time and cash on finding out information that plenty of other leagues have previously done.

Thanks

Derby Mcgee

BRRD

Maths Destruction

Re: Legal structure resources

Postby Maths Destruction » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Not sure about UKRDA's involvement, but I've just been part of looking into legal structures for another organisation I'm part of and we have a nice guide to the different options that I can re-write with roller derby in mind if anyone is interested?

chasingkaty

Postby chasingkaty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm

I think the thing is that different leagues have found different ways of working, depending on their membership numbers, and requirements. I think your best bet is to come on here, share your current situation and ask for some advice from other leagues to see what may suit.

We can definitely help point you in directions, but as we aren't lawyers, I'm not sure how much we would recommend from a legal standpoint.

B reF G
League Representative

Postby B reF G » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 am

There are many different options and what works for one may not necessarily work for others.

UKRDA isn't run by lawyers, however we have some very useful contacts and volunteers who are!

If you're seeking guidance on the legal position for your league/club/NFP org, then we have contact with an adviser who does exactly this as her day job that we can put you in touch with.
The B reF G

Officials Committee
Fundraising & Sponsorship Committee

Independent Official
Director of UKRDA.
Board Member of BRSF

Derby Mcgee

Postby Derby Mcgee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:10 pm

YES PLEASE

Mistress Malicious
Heads of Committee