Funding

Do you have questions about the UKRDA? Then post here...
MegArgh Bite 1024

Funding

Postby MegArgh Bite 1024 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm

I've had a question from our league regarding sports funding - they are aware of the majority of funding available at the moment they said, and a great deal of it is not applicable to roller sports in our area, but they are asking if there's any funding we can get through UKRDA or similar?

B reF G

Re: Funding

Postby B reF G » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:04 am

MegArgh Bite 1024

Postby MegArgh Bite 1024 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:19 am

That's brill, thank you! I'll pass your response on and see where they want to go from there (it could be that the job has been passed on too, but I'll check!)

Sticks&Stoner
League Representative

Postby Sticks&Stoner » Mon May 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Sport funding is definitely a subject we could talk about for ever and ever.

So roller derby isn't a core funded sport, however I know a number of leagues who have had success with Sport England, particularly the facilities and the small grants schemes, and with the Scottish Equivalent which is National Lottery's Awards for All. Most of these have significant lottery money behind them and are often focussed on growing participation rather than driving performance.

Both of these require you to be a sport with a recognised governing body to be affiliated to, in this case the BRSF via the UKRDA. I'm not sure what the Wales situation is however suspect there's something very similar (and it's on my list of things to look at in the next few weeks)

As the new Head of Sponsorship this is essentially the top of my priorities list, and some volunteer reps for helping out would be wonderful. I'm pretty confident with the smaller end of grant funding (think "we need new loan kit, or are a brand new league") which is available to leagues with any status as an organisation specific to roller derby and have experience of large scale programme funding (think "we've found a warehouse and need to make it roller derby suitable") professionally.

I'd also love to hear what other funding/sponsorship questions and thoughts people are having and to build some sort of best practice guide given the increasing scrutiny on fundraising nationally.

Any questions on anything drop me a line at sponsorship.ukrda@gmail.com

Sticks
Lauren Macleod (Sticks & Stoner)
Cambridge Rollerbillies (Skater & NSO)
UKRDA Head of Sponsorship/Fundraising
lauren.r.macleod@gmail.com

Return to “Questions?”