Scaled down tracks

Do you have questions about the UKRDA? Then post here...
IcePax
League Representative

Scaled down tracks

Postby IcePax » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Good evening everyone,
I am trying to get some data on scaled down tracks on behalf of WFTDA Risk Management committee and would really appreciate your collective help.
If your league uses or has used a scaled down track (i.e. 70% track, 80% track etc), what do/did you use it for? (Training, skills, drills, non-sanctioned games etc), have you noticed any differences when skating on scaled down tracks and full size tracks in terms of skating speed, more/less injuries, anything else.
I'm also interested in feedback from officials - How have you found the scaled down ref lane? What comments do you have?

This is an information gathering exercise only at the minute, I'm happy to leave league names out of feedback I pass on to WFTDA at this stage if anyone wishes.

Many Thanks for your help and input
I look forward to hearing from you all.
IcePax
Pastor IcePax
Author: "Medical Team guide to Roller Derby"
WFTDA Risk Management Committee
WFTDA European Tournaments Medical Staffing Liaison

Cole
League Representative

Re: Scaled down tracks

Postby Cole » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:48 pm

We use a 90% track for half of our Charter training sessions due to a lack of space in one of our venues. We use it for all training - skills/drills up to scrim. I haven't noticed any difference with regard to speed or safety, we just have to remind ourselves there is more track to cover when we return to a standard track.
Alex Cole (Cole) #51
Hertfordshire Roller Derby (HRD) League Rep
alexandra.cole89@gmail.com

Return to “Questions?”