The UKRDA exists because of the volunteers who give their time, energy and skills to help develop the UKRDA and our ability to support UK roller derby leagues. This year we have
- Developed a new insurance offer that covers juniors as well as providing officers and directors and cover
- Developed a discount offer for DBS checks
- Signed a collaboration agreement with the WFTDA
- Developed a floor reference pack for all types of floors for leagues
- Started the process to review and improve the grievance process
- Created an Officials Development Committee focused on supporting the development of new and existing officials
We have a number of Directors stepping down so we are looking to recruit between 4 and 6 Directors for the UKRDA Board. This are two year posts, requiring attendance at a monthly online meeting, with a few hours activity a month working towards key projects or covering an area of existing activity. Director roles will be shaped by the person coming in, we do not recruit people to specific roles. However, we are looking for people with the following skills, experience or interests:
- PR, Communications, social media
- Accountancy or finance skills and experience
- Company Secretary, Governance
- HR, Grievance, complaints handling
- Internal Communications, membership relations
- Commercial and sponsorship relationships
- Understanding of Junior Roller Derby
- Understanding of National Teams
- Understanding of safeguarding
Being part of the Board of Directors for the UKRDA gives you an opportunity to help develop governance and support structures which will improve this sport for skaters, officials, volunteers, announcers and spectators across the UK.
We intend to develop and recruit a number of roles below the Board in the coming months. In consultation with member leagues in the Autumn we will develop our projects and activity for the year - we will need help to make them happen. Many hands make lighter work.
If you are interested in being part of the UKRDA Board, please send a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, covering what skills, experience or enthusiasm you would bring to the UKRDA - as well as your name and league affiliation (if any). We will publish this statement to member leagues on the UKRDA forum ahead of the AGM. The deadline for expressions of interest is midnight on Friday 30th August.
If you have any questions about the UKRDA Board vacancies, or the AGM, please feel free to contact us on email@example.com
Do you have questions about the UKRDA? Then post here...
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest