Return to Play framework

dorkmistress

Return to Play framework

Postby dorkmistress » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 am

Yesterday the UK Govt announced a new return to play framework for team sports, alongside a wide range of information for sports facilities.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... recreation

The key document is the framework, here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -framework

The thing to note is that team sports cannot resume until the NGB has submitted a Return to Play action plan which is approved by the UK Government.

Apexquim

Re: Return to Play framework

Postby Apexquim » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:44 am

Hi folks, our league has a hall.booking due to start again from 7 September. I just wanted to check in on how things are going with the return to play document? We need to cancel/postpone by 23 August if we're not yet able to return - my gut feeling is that we'll be postponing...

dorkmistress

Postby dorkmistress » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:24 pm

The Working Group has met and is pulling together the draft plan. But the indications we have from.sport England is that there are a lot of sports with plans submitted to DCMS and they said it will take some time. So I don't have the exact answer but I suspect we won't have approval by aug 23rd. Sorry :-(

LauraSmith

Postby LauraSmith » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm

Hiya.

We're also being asked to confirm bookings by our sports hall and having looked at the guidance, Sport England state:

Team sports – back to activity while meeting current government guidance
-Team sports wanting to return to activity that will meet current government guidance, including social distancing, do not need approval from government

Does this mean we could potentially return to some socially distant collective skating/skills training in our sports hall before the Return to Play document is approved? Or am I being overly optimistic? :lol:

Feb

Postby Feb » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi, you could try discussing with your venues the option of returning to socially distanced exercise classes on skates - nor roller derby training. And produce a league risk assessment / management plan showing how you could do this within governement guidelines. As other types of exercise classes are happening in sports halls it seems like a viable option, if appropriately managed.

MelDando

Postby MelDando » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Is there any update on whether this has been approved yet?

RollinRat2704
Director

Postby RollinRat2704 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:42 am

We are still awaiting approved by the DCMS. As soon as it is we will be making our Members and the wider Roller Derby Community aware.

It will also appear on the website (link below) as soon as it approved.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -framework

skabarella
League Representative

Postby skabarella » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:40 am

I have heard from the artistic skaters who use our training venue that BRSF have issued guidance, and it includes Roller Derby.
Can this please be shared.
SkaBarella

Manchester Roller Derby

MRDA Director of Games & Sanctioning
UKRDA League Rep

Helli

Postby Helli » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:49 pm

I'd be interested to know if DCMS got back on the return to play framework as it's been a few months? I checked the website and UKRDA is still not listed yet. Cheers.

Hazzard
Director

Postby Hazzard » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 am

We are still chasing them on this! Last emailed this week with an auto reply saying that they are having an influx of mail so reply times are slow.

Return to “England Resources”